MEDICATION AIDE TRAINING PROGRAM
Dallas Career Institute’s Medication Aide Training Program prepares students for a career as a medication aide through high-quality instruction and practical application under the guidance and supervision of highly qualified instructors. Instruction for the Medication Aide Training Program strictly follows the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services Medication Aide Curriculum.
Total Cost for the program is $700.00 with $200.00 due at registration if a payment plan is needed. Cost includes all instruction, textbooks and administration fees.
Graduates of Dallas Career Institute’s Medication Aide Training Program may find employment as an entry-level Medication Aide in a Long Term Care (LTC) Facility, Personal Care Facility, Hospital, Correctional Institution or other related facilities. Upon completion of this program, students will be able to perform basic procedures as established by the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services for preparation, documentation and safe administration of medications under the supervision of a licensed nurse in a clinical setting. Additionally, students will be able to define the responsibilities and liabilities associated with the control, accountability, and safeguarding of medications. They will learn to use common medical terminology, abbreviations, and symbols. Additionally, they will be able to identify drugs and discuss drug reactions and side effects of medications commonly administered to residents in LTC facilities. Furthermore, they will be able to research reference material for drug information.
Total cost for the program is $700.00
If a payment plan is needed, $200 is due at registration and the remaining balance can then be made in payments up until graduation.
Our eight (8) week Medication Aide is 140 clock hours.
Morning and Evening options are available.
Class start dates:
Please call 214-691-0555 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on the start dates. We do not always offer both mornings and evenings due to low enrollment during certain periods of the year. We must have 5 students minimum per class to begin.
Next possible start date for this program is June 25th. Please call us if you have any questions regarding this next start period.
Morning class: 9am to 1pm.
Evening class: 5pm to 9pm
Classes are Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursday.
Clinicals are held at Student Work Location.
Tuition and Books are $700.00.
State Testing Fee is $25 and paid directly to the state.
We are vendors to both Texas Workforce Commission (TWC), Department of Aging and Rehabilitative Services (DARS) and The GI Bill for Veterans.
Medication Aide Training Program
Applicants to the Medication Aide Training Program must fulfill the following requirements:
• complete personal interview with the school director,
• be able to read, write, speak and understand English,
• provide proof of being at least 18 years of age,
• provide proof of having completed high school or a general equivalency diploma,
• be free of communicable diseases and in suitable physical and emotional health to safely administer medications,
• be employed as a Certified Nurse Aide listed on the Texas Nurse Aide Registry in active status and currently employed in a facility licensed under Texas Health and Safety Code Chapter 242 on the class start date or,
• be employed on the class start date as a non-licensed direct care staff in a facility licensed under Chapter 247 or an ICF-MR facility, State School for the Mentally Retarded or for the Texas Department of Criminal Justice and have 90 days previous employment as non-licensed direct care staff in the year preceding the class start date and
• ** provide a Long Term Care Facility (LTC) Commitment Form completed by authorized LTC Facility official.
** Failure to provide a properly completed and signed LTC Commitment Form will result in the applicant being denied entry into the Medication Aide Training Program.